Sunday, September 26, 2010

NotD – Green Randomosity

I guess by now most of you (except for new followers. Hi y’all!) know that I love my dotting tools. And since I haven’t done a lot of dottage recently, that’s what I chose to decorate my nails with tonight.

Here’s what I used for this mani:

  • Sally Hansen Diamond Strength
  • s-he 469
  • Mavala 251 Cedar Green
  • Zoya Midori
  • China Glaze 2030
  • Sally Hansen Diamond Strength
  • Seche Vite

First I applied a couple of coats of Diamond Strength, three of s-he 469 and one coat of Seche Vite.

s-he 469 is a warm, shimmering, lightly metallic, not-quite-dark green with a subtle golden undertone, the base looks to be somewhere between forest and fern green. It’s not all that opaque, three coats barely suffice.
This polish is very runny and the first coat is incredibly patchy, but it’s wearable from the second coat on. As it’s on the metallic side of shimmery s-he 469 shows some brush marks, but not nearly as badly as other shimmers. The round brush is basic, but serviceable and the drying time rather short.

This is s-he 469 in two coats without top coat (please note that shimmers and metallics can look more opaque on photos than they really are):

s-he 469 2C no TC

And here is s-he 469 in three coats with Seche Vite:

s-he 469 3C with TC

After the base colour had dried I used a fairly fine dotting tool to apply Midori, Cedar Green and 2030 in random dots and short lines on each nail. Then I sealed the dots with top coat.

What colours would you have chosen for the dotty design?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...