Wednesday, September 1, 2010

NotD – Sparkled Diagonal

After my last unloved manicure I decided to do something safe, a simple diagonal design embellished with some rhinestones.

Here’s what I used:

  • Sally Hansen Diamond Strength
  • Catrice 130 Lucky in Lilac
  • Catrice 280 London Weather Forecast
  • China Glaze Millennium
  • Seche Vite

I started with two coats of Diamond Strength, three of Lucky in Lilac and sealed the base colour with Seche Vite.

Lucky in Lilac is a crème polish in a fairly deep shade of lilac. This polish or a similar colour should be in every nail polish collection. Lucky in Lilac is not quite a two-coater, three coats are perfect.
I found this polish very easy to apply. It’s on the thick side, but applied smoothly and evenly with barely any streaks even in a single coat. The flattish brush is easy to control.

This is Lucky in Lilac in two coats without top coat:

And here is Lucky in Lilac in three coats with Seche Vite:

After the base colour was solid I covered half of each nail with London Weather Forecast and painted a line in Millennium between the two colours. Then I added a row of pale purple rhinestones on the silver line and a random iridescent one on the grey area and sealed the polish with Seche Vite.

How often do you wear rhinestones on your nails?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...