Sunday, September 12, 2010

NotD – Tripod Tracks

I’m really into funky greens, so I couldn’t wait to use my new essence  lime up! (that’s what’s on the bottle, the website says lime-up!) polish. And since I seem to be in a basic mood lately I just did a dotty motif.

Here’s what I used today:

  • Sally Hansen Diamond Strength
  • essence colour&go 39 lime up! (from the “we saw it first” trend edition)
  • essence denim wanted 04 forever mine
  • Seche Vite

I started with a basic application of Diamond Strength, three coats of lime up! and one of Seche Vite.

lime up! is, as the name suggests a bright yellowy green crème polish. I guess it’s essence’s version of a Shrek-like shade, though I think it’s a bit lighter and brighter. This polish is opaque in two coats, but I applied three ‘just to be sure’ and because it was ever so slightly uneven.
As I just mentioned I found this polish to be a bit uneven, it’s also a tad thick and if you don’t use top coat you might find that the brush leaves slight ridges sometimes. But three coats with top coat look very neat, so don’t let the mildly finicky application keep you from getting and amazing nail colour. lime up!’s brush is, like all colour&go brushes, flat, not too wide and quite nice. If you find this polish hard to apply, thin it a bit and try again. :-)

This is lime up! in two coats without top coat:

And this is lime up! in three coats with Seche Vite:

After the base colour was mostly dry I used forever mine and a dotting tool to apply three parallel rows of dots. Not terribly creative, but I like the blue and lime together and I find it best to do a simple design to really show off a great contrasting colour combination. A coat of Seche Vite and the manicure was finished.

How do you feel about yellowy greens and what do you like to wear them with?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...