Thursday, September 23, 2010

Swatches – essence denim wanted!

For once I got lucky and got to the new essence display just after it was placed, there was something left of everything. A non-nail tip: if you buy one of the gel liners from the denim wanted! LE, take it out of the box and close it firmly. Neither of my jars was closed as tightly as I would have liked. The liners are great, though, so snatch them up if you can.

essence denim wanted!
But now to the polish swatches! All polishes applied well with the round brush typically found in the LEs. For these polishes I took three images per colour: one in two coat without top coat, one in three coats with top coat and the last with an additional coat of essence matt top coat (which is lovely, review upcoming). My camera didn’t play nicely, so the photos aren’t as good as I’d have liked and I had to re-swatch a couple of shades. I so need a new camera (and would appreciate reasonably priced recommendations).


essence denim wanted! 01 high waist pink

This colour really stands out from the rest of the collection due to its bright pink colour with just a hint of coral. Like most of these polishes high waist pink has a crème finish. It’s fairly opaque, but for a perfect application three coats are needed.
While high waist pink spreads well, it’s just a bit patchy. Otherwise it would probably be fine in two coats.

essence denim wanted! 01 high waist pink 2C no TC

essence denim wanted! 01 high waist pink 3C with TC

essence denim wanted! 01 high waist pink 3C with TC-matte


essence denim wanted! 02 i love my jeans

i love my jeans is the only shimmery polish in this trend edition. It’s a rich black with – as far as I can make out – silver, purple and green microglitter. This one wins so hard. It’s also insanely opaque in two coats, but one thick coat would probably work as well.
Another reason for the absolute win is that i love my jeans applies like a dream, smoothly and free of streaks.
If you’re into dark polishes, grab a bottle of i love my jeans and wear it matte and shiny.

essence denim wanted! 02 i love my jeans 2C no TC

essence denim wanted! 02 i love my jeans 3C with TC

essence denim wanted! 02 i love my jeans 3C with TC-matte


essence denim wanted! 03 my boyfriend’s jeans

A blue I truly love! Rich, inky, dark and universally flattering. It’s subtle and yet striking. my boyfriend’s jeans almost feels like a jelly, but is just too pigmented. So I suppose I’ll call it a crème. :-P Two coats are wearable, but I recommend using three coats for a perfect finish. I’ve been wearing it matte for a couple of days without any embellishments, that’s how awesome it is!

essence denim wanted! 03 my boyfriend's jeans 2C no TC

essence denim wanted! 03 my boyfriend's jeans 3C with TC

essence denim wanted! 03 my boyfriend's jeans 3C with TC-matte


essence denim wanted! 04 forever mine

Bright, so bright. I don’t think I’d ever wear denim in that shade, but it’s lovely for nail polish. forever mine is a clear bright blue that everyone who loves bright colours should have. Like all crème polishes from this collection, this requires three coats.

essence denim wanted! 04 forever mine 2C no TC

essence denim wanted! 04 forever mine 3C with TC

essence denim wanted! 04 forever mine 3C with TC-matte


essence denim wanted! 05 fivepocket grey

This is another gorgeous grey, slightly lighter than medium grey and just a tad dirty. fivepocket grey is just the colour grey jeans should be.
Again, this will need three coats to be perfect, but it’s a bit smoother than the other crèmes!

essence denim wanted! 05 fivepocket grey 2C no TC

essence denim wanted! 05 fivepocket grey 3C with TC

essence denim wanted! 05 fivepocket grey 3C with TC-matte


Overall I adore this collection. For me i love my jeans and my boyfriend’s jeans are the absolute winners, closely followed by fivepocket grey and forever mine. high waist pink comes in last, but is nothing to sneer at, either.

If you find a display, I recommend getting at least a couple of colours, they look good and wear well on me.

Have you snagged any of these? If you were too late and only found empty displays, stay tuned. As soon as I get off my lazy arse (tonight or tomorrow, hopefully) I’ll be having a giveaway and guess what’ll be up for grabs…

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...