Sunday, October 24, 2010

NotD – Classy Uniformity

I’ve mentioned planning this NotD in my last swatch post. I wanted to do something, not just anything, that says something about something. Wait, what? Sorry, I drifted of to Daria-land again. What I wanted is to do something with an olive green base. Namely Eyeko Military Polish.

Here’s what I used today:

  • NailTek Foundation II (giving this another go in combination with Diamond Strength)
  • Sally Hansen Diamond Strength
  • Eyeko Military Polish for brave nails
  • Maybelline Colorama glossy nail color 104 green secret
  • Seche Vite

I started with a basic application: one coat of NailTek (which will hopefully help with my re-emerging peelies and splits), one of Diamond Strength (which definitely helps prevent breaks and tears), three of Military Polish and one of Seche Vite.

Eyeko Military Polish is an absolute winner for me. It’s a dark brownish olivey military green crème. Whether or not this is a true military green I cannot say, I believe the green used by the Austrian Bundesheer isn’t as dark and rather greener, but I’m not exactly an expert. And I certainly don’t need to feel brave to wear this colour. Either way, I find this green highly attractive and very interesting. Military Polish is almost perfect in two coats, but three are even better.
This polish applied well and was even in two coats. I had no problems whatsoever with Military Polish. If you don’t usually wear top coat it might interest you that it dries very shiny, though not very quickly. As usual Eyeko’s round brush works well.

This is Military Polish in two coats without top coat:

And here’s Military Polish in three coats with top coat:

After the base colour was dry I painted one corner of each nail with green secret and sealed it with another coat of Seche Vite. Somehow it turns subtly pretty Military Polish into something divinely classy.

It’s odd how sometimes you plan a design and it just looks right after the first couple of steps and you have to ignore the rest or everything will look muddled and over the top. I had another two polishes and a matte top coat all ready to use. I actually tried adding some matte elements, but it just didn’t look right and I re-shinied it. ;-)

How’s your weekend going? I’m happy because I’ll see my brother tomorrow and we don’t see each other all that often (I wish I could just magically get over my telephone issues and call him more frequently).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...