Wednesday, October 13, 2010

NotD – Mattealic

What to do with a pretty teal polish? There are so many possibilities, but this time I was lazy (I think I may be getting sick, I slept forever today) and just added some metallic dots and mattified the whole thing.

This is what I used for this mani:

  • Sally Hansen Diamond Strength
  • essence multi dimension 64 trendsetter - one of the new core line colours
  • China Glaze Metallic Muse
  • Seche Vite
  • essence matt top coat

I started with my frequently used combination: two coats of Diamond Strength, three of trendsetter and one of Seche Vite.

trendsetter is a basic teal crème polish, when I saw it at the store I hoped that it might be a dupe for meet you in budapest, but the latter is quite a bit more blue-toned. (Must remember to look through my collection and do some comparison swatches.) The opacity is average, three coats will do nicely.
I found trendsetter easy to apply, it evened out quite well. However, clean-up was harder than usual, I had to work hard to get this polish off my cuticle area. The brush is a basic round one, not my favourite, but it works well.

This is trendsetter in two coats without top coat:

And this is trendsetter in three coats with Seche Vite:

As you can see, the design is super-easy again, I just added some dots using Metallic Muse, sealed them with another coat of Seche Vite

… and added some matt top coat.

Sorry about the quickie post, but I haven’t been up all that long and am ready to go back to sleep soon. *facepalm* I hate that feeling when I’m not really sick, but not fine, either.

So what’s going on with y’all?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...