Friday, October 1, 2010

NotD – Powerpuff!

It’s time for Wonky Freehand Nail-Art!

As you guessed from this post’s title, today I’m honouring one of my favourite shows (finally got me the 10th anniversary collection) with a themed manicure, The Powerpuff Girls. Not much is more awesome than kindergarten-aged superheroines, right?

Sing it with me!

Blossom, commander and the leader/
Bubbles, she is the joy and the laughter/
Buttercup, and she’s the toughtst fighter/
Powerpuff save the day!

I’m not going to list polishes today, as practically every colour was mixed. If you really want to know, ask in the comment section.

First, the base colour is Orly Lemonade in three coats. Lemonade is a gorgeous creamy pastel yellow crème polish. I find it surprisingly vibrant for a pastel. While it’s opaque in two coats, it still needs a third one for evenness.
This is one of the trickiest polishes I’ve used so far, it’s streaky and doesn’t level very well. Thinning might help (I hope). The main issue for me is that it really doesn’t work with my skintone.
I’d only recommend Lemonade to darker-skinned and very patient folks.

Here’s Lemonade in two coats without top coat:

And this is Lemonade in three coats with Seche Vite:

So then I used a bunch of polishes, my trusty dotting tools and my black Spooky Nails liner/pen to paint the Powerpuff Girls and random related designs on my nails. I’m not happy with their eyes, but the rest is pretty decent, I think. A bit of glitter polish (China Glaze Snow Globe)and Seche Vite finished up the manicure.

 

I’d really like to do more manis like this, but as it takes me up to 20 minutes per nail… I’m not the speediest painter. ;-)

What’s your favourite cartoon or anime?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...