Thursday, October 7, 2010

NotD - SparklyBlues

Finally got around to doing my nails again, the last PPG mani was surprisingly sturdy. And after spending some time with a rather busy design on my nails I’m back to the dotty kinda thing.

Here’s what I used today:

  • Sally Hansen Diamond Shine
  • ArtDeco Ceramic Nail Lacquer 138
  • China Glaze Metallic Muse
  • China Glaze Dorothy Who?
  • Seche Vite

I started by applying two coats of Diamond Strength, three of ArtDeco 138 and one of Seche Vite.

ArtDeco 138 is a deep shimmery blue with some indigo notes in the base and silvery microglitter that looks royal blue or icy depending on the angle. It’s very opaque, almost a one-coater, but gains more depth upon applying the second and third coat. It’s deep, rich, classy and exquisitely flattering.
This polish applies smoothly and evenly without any brush marks. 138 is rather runny, so it’s not possible to get a single opaque coat on the nail, the required amount of polish would flood the cuticles, but as it dries quickly there’s barely any waiting required between coats. The brush is round and easy to control, though the cap is a tad close to the bristles. So far I love the Ceramic Nail Lacquers.

Here’s 138 in two coats without top coat:

And this is 138 in three coats with Seche Vite:

After the base colour was dry I decided to add a rather simple design. First I used a dotting tool to add a row of dots in Metallic Muse across the tip of the nail and another diagonal one. I considered using Millennium instead, but in the end decided to contrast the hint of purple in 138 with the cool green Metallic Muse.

Then I added a coat of Dorothy Who? and sealed the polish with Seche Vite.

The nice thing about that kind of design is that it takes so little time (especially once you get used to working with dotting tools). What’s your quick embellishment of choice?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...