Friday, October 15, 2010

Swatch – essence choose me!

Here’s another of essence’s new permanent colours, I’m guessing that this was inspired by polishes like OPI Catch Me In Your Net, Zoya Charla and Orly Halley’s Comet (I don’t have any of these, though, so I can’t compare them directly). Whether or not that is the case, it’s a fantastic colour.

essence colour&go 38 choose me!

This polish is beyond lovely, the base is a teal-y blue and rather sheer, but densely packed with golden green microglitter. choose me! works well on its own or over an opaque base, I used metallic gold and silver, though nude or any teal colour would work beautifully, too. Remember that those will change the base colour. On its own I'd say five to six coats should do it, if you want full opacity.
choose me! is rather runny, so the coats tend to be thin and dry quickly. This consistency and the flat brush help to achieve a perfectly smooth application. There are no brush marks whatsoever.

This is choose me! in two coats without top coat:

This is choose me! in three coats with top coat:

And this is choose me! in two coats with top coat over China Glaze Millennium (index and ring finger) and 2030 (pinky and middle finger), which was a pain to photograph. The glitter is more visible, really:

Overall I highly recommend getting this polish. If you can buy essence locally, this should show up right about now or whenever the products from the last trend edition get incorporated into the core line.

So what do you think, would you wear this on its own or layered?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...