Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Swatches – Eyeko Chi Chi and Tea Rose Polish

I have a couple of things in progress, but still unfinished, so for today a couple of swatches will have to do.

Eyeko Chi Chi Polish for girlie nails

Upon close examination you’ll find that Chi Chi Polish has a semi-sheer milky rose base with moderately dense pink glitter. I wouldn’t refer to either of those elements, nor the combination, as girlie (or girly, actually). More old-girlie, like a little old lady’s sequined gown. This polish is rather sheer, but between the milky base and the glitter I expect that five coats might be more or less opaque.
Chi Chi Polish applies smoothly and stands out against many other glitter polishes due to the glitter’s incredibly even dispersion. The brush is Eyeko’s usual round one, with its supple and easy to control bristles.
I don’t know what exactly it is, but I can’t get exited about this polish. But if you love it, more power to you!

This is Chi Chi Polish in two coats without top coat:

And here’s Chi Chi Polish in three coats with top coat:


Eyeko Tea Rose Polish for country nails

Tea Rose Polish is a densely pigmented dusty pink crème polish, I find the name highly appropriate. It's a very safe colour and could be worn even in the most conservative work places. It's very opaque: one coat is wearable, two are perfect.
This polish applied smoothly and the first coat was almost perfectly even. I did have a couple of bubbles, though, so use whichever base coat prevents bubbling best on your nails. Tea Rose Polish comes with a perfectly serviceable round brush.
This polish is lovely, sadly it doesn’t work all that well with my skintone.

Here’s Tea Rose Polish in two coats with top coat:

I considered also getting Punk Polish, but that seems to be identical to their old PP, so I chose not to buy it (‘cause I still have 1 1/2 bottles left). Now a green question:
Would it be weird to wear murky olive green at my belated birthday lunch? Matte, perhaps?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...