Tuesday, November 23, 2010

NotD – Frosted Petrol

Those of you who follow me on twitter have already heard my excuses. I’m a bit busy right now with cleaning and my presentation. Therefore I might just do simple quick manis over the next couple of weeks (but don’t be surprised if I suddenly do lots of complex stuff just to procrastinate). So for today I decided to do a very subtly gradient mani.

Here’s what I used:

  • NailTek Intensive Therapy II
  • Sally Hansen Diamond Shine
  • LOOK by BIPA Nail Quickie 30 Petrol
  • MaxFactor Nailfinity Shimmer Finish 133 Extra Frost
  • Seche Vite

Petrol is a pretty colour somewhere between a light teal and a rich aqua. This crème polish is very flattering, and not just with my skintone. Petrol is fully opaque in three coats.
I found Petrol to be a bit tricky to apply, it didn’t level very well, despite being of average viscosity. Also, I had some issues with bubbling. Petrol is not very streaky, though. The brush is pretty short and round, but usable enough.
The colour is fantastic and as long as this is covered by a decent top coat the finish is beautiful. I wouldn’t recommend this to anyone who prefers drying drops over top coat, though.

Here’s Petrol in two coats without top coat:

And here’s Petrol in three coats with Seche Vite:

Then I partially layered Extra Frost over Petrol until maximum (possible) gradation had been achieved and sealed it with another coat of Seche Vite. It’s not very obvious (practically invisible) on the pictures, but the bright blue flash really is stronger near the base of the nail.

Yeah. I can’t see the gradation on the photos, either. And the blue flash looks like light turquoise. How annoying is that?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...