Thursday, December 9, 2010

A Frankenpost

Recently I had what I thought to be an amazing nail art idea. Actually, I still think the idea was awesome, but it just didn’t work. I did franken two colours for it, though, both of which are rather delicious.


First we have Mental Mint, I dunno why I picked such a clichéd name, but that’s what the label says and now I’m stuck. ;-)
It’s different than all my other mints and pretty damn opaque in two coats, which is always neat.

This is Mental Mint in two coats with top coat:


Then there’s Carrara, which I wanted to be a palest shimmery pink to emulate a delicate rose marble. The colour worked out nicely, it has some drying and opacity issues though.
It definitely needs four coats and now that I know I’ll add another coat of Seche Vite after the first two coats to get it to dry properly.

This is Carrara in two coats without top coat:

And here’s Carrara in four coats with Seche Vite:


What’s the last thing you frankened? Or what colour would you like to mix up?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...