Wednesday, January 26, 2011

NotD – The Dangers of Islands

This is one of my “grown” manis. I start with a base and just do what seems right.

This is what I used today:

  • OPI Nail Envy Soft & Thin
  • Sally Hansen Diamond Strength
  • p2 Color Victim 249 Dangerous
  • Catrice Ultimate Nail Lacquer 180 London’s Weather Forecast
  • Essie Turquoise & Caicos
  • Seche Vite

After applying a coat of each base coat I added two coats of Dangerous and one of Seche Vite.

Dangerous is a gorgeous, rich, dark teal crème polish. It’s one of my favourite colours, in general and on me. This polish is opaque in two coats.
According to p2, these polishes have an ‘expert gel formula’ but I find them to be pretty much like any other kind of polish. Dangerous applied smoothly and evenly in two coats, I had no problems with this. The brush is round and average in size, it’s reasonably supple and easy to control.

As this is a two-coater, here is Dangerous in two coats with Seche Vite (it looks a bit too light here):

After the base was dry I used a short striping brush and London’s Weather Forecast to paint tapered lines on my nails.

Then I used a couple of dotting tools, London’s Weather Forecast, Dangerous and Turquoise & Caicos to add layered dots and sealed the polish with Seche Vite. Much better!

Why on earth is all that snow back? I really have had enough of that. Spring? Please?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...