Friday, February 11, 2011

NotD – The Battle of Turquoise

See what I said about slow posts. But I have to say, those olive greens wore beautifully and only started chipping yesterday. Colour me impressed. Polish rarely lasts more than three days on me.
Today I have such a yummy turquoise for you, you’ll be sad if you can’t get Manhattan where you live.

Here’s what I used today:

  • OPI Nail Envy Soft & Thin
  • Sally Hansen Miracle Nail Thickener
  • Manhattan Lotus Effect78D
  • essence black & white 02 white hype
  • s-he 208
  • LOOK by BIPA nail tattoo liner 1 silver
  • Seche Vite

I started by applying one coat of each base, then two of 78D and sealed the polish with a bit of Seche Vite.

78D is one of the polishes from Manhattan’s London Calling collection and I’m really impressed with this one. It’s a bright happy turquoise crème, but not obnoxiously eye searing. The coverage is just delightful, this polish is almost opaque in one thin coat, so two or one thicker coat would do very nicely.
Again, I’m really happy with this, 78D applied smoothly and with ease, it wasn’t streaky at all. The two bubbles you may spy in the photos are due to my too thick Seche Vite rather than an issue with the polish. I like the flattish brush, it’s supple and easy to control.
Overall this polish is an absolute winner and highly recommended.

The camera photographed this weirdly, somehow half of each nail looks kinda greenish, the rest blue. The top half is how the polish looks under my daylight imitating lamp, the blue part is similar to what it looks like in other rooms. Here’s 78D in two coats with Seche Vite (yay for two-coaters):

This colour was so pretty that I didn’t want to do too much with it, so I just embellished one accent nail.
I used white hype to paint a wide chevron tip onto my ring finger nail, then added another chevron in s-he 208 (such a pretty glittery red! gotta swatch it soon) and tidied up the lines with the silver liner. I finished up by adding a couple of silver dots and sealing the mani with Seche Vite.

I think I have a nifty idea for a themed mani, hopefully I can pull it off. I’ll probably have to settle down with a movie or a few episodes of some something… And I think I need to file down my index finger nail again, it just grows more quickly than the other nails.
How do you like to wear turquoise?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...