Saturday, March 12, 2011

My B3 Interview with Rachael of RetroUrbanRainbow

IMAG1445 After a brief hiatus Beauty Blogs Backstage is back with another round of mutual interviews featuring many lovely beauty bloggers.
This month I was lucky enough to be paired up with another lady who loves her bright and insane colours, the fabulous Rachael of RetroUrbanRainbow. Her blog features many topics, from reviews (including epic fails *loves*) and manis to outfits and full looks, aforementioned insanely bright ones FTW! I love the way Rachael balances her posts.

But now let’s take a look at what I asked and, more importantly, what Rachael answered:

1. I love the way you pull off bright eyeshadow! What's your secret to wearing yellows successfully?
My one rule with yellows is never just yellow all on its own. A thick black line and even blending with some blues. I used to hate yellow with a fiery passion, but it has become my very good friend.

2. Is there any colour that you wouldn't ever wear on your lids and what's your favourite colour combination?
My favorite combo is hot pink and purple. It's my go to. To me it screams "hotness." When I started wearing makeup on a daily basis in college I only knew dark browns and when I look back on those photos I cringe. I refuse to use dark browns on my lid unless it's requested for a recreate of someone. I try my best to stay away from nudes/browns.

3. What's your favourite nail polish finish?
It's a tie between glitter and shimmer. I have such a glitter addiction that it must be on everything! haha.

4. Tell us about an amazing recent find that totally took you by surprise, please!
I'm super judgmental on drug store makeup, but I love when I find something that gets me to adore it. When I saw Gwen Stefani's L'Oreal ad I went out to buy the exact lipstick she was wearing and promoting not caring if it sucked or not.  But L'Oréal Paris Infallible Le Rouge lipstick actually stayed on my lips for 8 hours (it claims 10) while I ate, drank and danced the night away. I don't ever touch up my makeup after I leave the house. I was sold.

5. When it comes to blogging, do you usually schedule posts or do you write and post whatever you feel like?
I wish I could say I'm organized enough to schedule them, but I'm sooooo not. haha. It's all random and during my down time at work and my off times.

6. What's your favourite drink?
I'm fascinated with Bubble Tea smoothies and I still love my pineapple and vodkas. :) I won't lie I love to drink!!

7. What kind of music do you listen to most?
Depending on what I'm doing on that moment...I frequently listen to french pop, rock and anything that has a good beat to it. There isn't a lot I don't like.

IMAG0007

 

Thank you, Rachael! I’ll try and get my yellows to work once more and I’ll be on the lookout for that lipstick.

And if any of my following folks (who blog about any kind of prettification shinies) are interested in joining the fun, go check out Beauty Blogs Backstage to find out how to join! You know you want to. *does the Kaa look*

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...