Tuesday, March 1, 2011

NotD – A Springy Marble (Plus Glitter)

Once again I only have a couple of images for you, no swatches, no step-by-step. Just the result. What is going on? o.O

I haven’t done a water marble in ages, but when I got four cute pastels from p2 last Friday I thought that’s what they would be perfect for.
Here’s what I used (I totally and absolutely forgot to take a photo of the products, so it’s just the list):

  • OPI Nail Envy Soft & Thin
  • Sally Hansen Miracle Nail Thickener
  • Maybelline Colorama 51 French White
  • p2 042 being in heaven – blue
  • p2 043 dream lover – yellow
  • p2 044 dating time – green
  • p2 045 open your heart – lilac
  • Seche Vite

So I applied a white base (two coats of French White) and grabbed the ol’ marbling cup. Luckily the p2 polishes spread very well and didn’t go all gloopy, but for some reason the polish trapped more air bubbles as it hit the surface of the water than I’ve ever seen and they remained quite visible on the nail.

I was going to add a coat of China Glaze Snow Globe to hide aforementioned bubbles but that was moving slower than molasses, so I used a silvery frankenglitter instead (though the iridescent Snow Globe would have looked nicer, methinks). Cutesy hearts to go with the cutesy pastels. As usual, a coat of Seche Vite to seal the polish.

So that’s it for tonight. I should be a tad more busy now that the semester is starting, but it’s not like that’ll keep me from polishing. Especially now that only the tips of my nails need patching.
What would you like to see here one of these days?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...