Thursday, March 17, 2011

NotD – Twinkly Purple Dream

Last week I picked up a couple of Astor polishes for the first time in years. Before I discovered the wonders of Seche Vite and Nail Envy Astor was my go-to base and top coat brand, as most locally available brands I could afford didn’t even have proper BC and TC.
I lost interest when I fell in love with blues, teals and greens, but a couple of shades caught my eye. Today I have an exceptionally pretty purple for you.
Note: Some images had to be photoshopped to display the purple properly.

This is what I used tonight:

  • OPI Nail Envy
  • Sally Hansen Miracle Nail Thickener
  • Astor Lacque DeLuxe 616 Purple Dream
  • s-he 470
  • LOOK by BIPA nail tattoo liner 13 silver
  • iridescent rhinestones
  • Seche Vite

I started by applying one coat of each base coat, then added three coats of Purple Dream and sealed the polish with Seche Vite.

Purple Dream is a frosty light purple with silvery blue shimmer and I think I spy the faintest hint of green there, too. Unstained and unpatched nails would look amazing with just a single coat, but I definitely need more than that. Three coats are an absolute minimum for an opaque layer of colour.
This polish isn’t streaky at all, but does suffer from a bad case of brush marks. I was very happy with the way Purple Dream applied. The ‘Salon Pro Brush’ looked like a simple, relatively narrow flat one, but when pushed onto the nail the tip morphs into a softly curved shape that really worked well for my nail shape.
I really like this polish, but anyone who dislikes frosty finishes and brush marks won’t like this at all.

This is Purple Dream in two coats without top coat:

And this is Purple Dream in three coats with Seche Vite:

After the base colour was fairly dry I added a french tip using s-he 470.

Then I completely surrounded that tip with the silver liner and added a curved line.

As the last step I stuck on square iridescent rhinestones (the thumbnails got bigger round ones) and added a couple coats of Seche Vite.

Very cute, isn’t it? If I can remember to I’ll see how many dupes I have of that bluey green Astor polish I also got. *facepalm*
Please consider not buying that bottle of polish or two that you probably have a dupe of anyway and donating that money instead. Or just spend money on both.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...