Saturday, April 16, 2011

NotD – Like Bubbly Water

I’m not feeling verbose today, so I’ll just get straight to the polishin’. This is one of those “OMG I need to go to bed and my nails need polishing” manis that take little more time than a plain colour.

Here’s what I used:

  • OPI Nail Envy Soft & Thin
  • Sally Hansen Miracle Nail Thickener
  • LOOK by BIPA Nail Quickie 030 Waterlike
  • Maybelline Colorama 51 French White
  • claire’s matte blue polish
  • p2 color victim 310 trouble
  • Seche Vite

First, as usual, I applied one coat of each treatment, three of Waterlike and one of Seche Vite.

Waterlike is a pretty blue crème polish, more of a medium-toned sky blue than an aqua as the name might suggest. Though this polish is pretty opaque - two coats suffice for all but the most sheer-hating folks - it is not at all chalky. Love.
It also applied beautifully. From the second coat on Waterlike is even and smooth. Anyone who doesn’t  wear top coat will have to be careful not to to go back and fix this or that, that is bound to show. I didn’t care much for the brush, by itself it isn’t a horrible example of a basic round brush, but mine is a bit wonky.
Verdict: Amazing colour, though I’m sure there are others that are similar. If you can get this locally, give it a try. Btw, BIPA stopped putting the name on the bottles, though the numbers are still on the cap. But the names are on the display, so you might want to write them down if that matters to you.

Here’s Waterlike in two coats without top coat:

And here’s Waterlike in three coats with Seche Vite:

After giving the base a few minutes to solidify I prepared my dotting tool and accent polishes. This nail art is super simple. Choose the area of the nail you want to decorate, choose the colours, dot them on.
I made sure to make the dots a bit bigger and put them closer together near the cuticle. Because I was rushed I just did three colours in three steps (first French White, then the matte blue, then trouble), one might also repeat layering to get a better ‘mixed’ effect, but that’s only necessary if a lot of the dots overlap, really. Another layer of Seche Vite finished the manicure off.

I could just have posted the result, but I figured that since I took the photos, I might as well post ‘em.
This mani makes me wish I could wear white without looking ridiculous, it just screams to be worn with a pretty white sundress. What would you wear with this?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...