Wednesday, April 27, 2011

NotD – Mellow or Not

I finally have about 3/4 of my polishes on my board o’ polish (post upcoming when I’m finished or at least close). The fumes in this room are frightening. ;-)
But for today: here’s a post! The yellow was a bitch to capture, so I tweaked them as much as I could (they should be a bit warmer-toned. I fail at photoshopping).

This is what I used today:

  • OPI Nail Envy Soft & Thin
  • Sally Hansen Miracle Nail Thickener
  • essence colour&go 51 mellow yellow
  • Frankenpolish Curfew
  • Rimmel Nail Tip Whitener
  • essence Blossoms etc… 03 my yellow fellow
  • Seche Vite

I started with my usual base colour application, one coat of each base coat, three of mellow yellow and sealed the polish with Seche Vite.

mellow yellow – one of the polishes from essence’s new core line – is a creamy, but quite bright yellow crème polish. It’s moderately opaque, three coats are necessary for good coverage.
This polish applied well enough, the main issue being streakiness until it evened out in three coats. Other than that there’s only a bit of bubbling to note. mellow yellow is not too chalky as most polishes with a strong white base are wont to be. The fairly narrow flat brush works well with the formula.
This is a lovely polish with some slight issues. Recommended if you’re willing to apply three coats carefully.

This is mellow yellow in two coats without top coat:

And here’s mellow yellow in three coats with Seche Vite:

After the base was mostly dry I used the accent colours to randomly squiggle them on. As you can see, the two yellows are very similar, except for that bright shimmer in my yellow fellow (that mostly vanishes on the nail unless the light hits it just right). Another coat of Seche Vite and the mani is finished.

This isn’t quite random and splotchy enough, but I tend to overwork my nails unless I’m really careful. I’m pretty happy with the result.
So what’s up with y’all? Done any Eastering?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...