Tuesday, April 12, 2011

NotD – Why Did I Choose These Colours?

This manicure just kind of happened. I thought the colours would either look horrible or awesome together, choose for yourself which one is the case.

Here’s what I used:

  • OPI Nail Envy Soft & Thin
  • Sally Hansen Miracle Nail Thickener
  • Catrice Ultimate Nail Lacquer 390 Easy Peasy, Lemon Squeezy!
  • essence show your feet 12 midnight glam
  • essence colour&go 56 got a secret
  • Spooky Nails 2 in 1 nail tattoo liner black
  • Seche Vite

As usual I started with an application of my base colour: one coat of OPI, one of Sally Hansen, two of Easy Peasy, Lemon Squeezy! and one of Seche Vite.

Easy Peasy, Lemon Squeezy! is a bright pale yellow green, somewhere between a pastel lime green and a pale apple green. This crème polish is fairly opaque, two coats are just lovely.
I didn’t have any significant issues with this polish. Easy Peasy, Lemon Squeezy! could level better, strange as this is very runny, and I had a couple of tiny bubbles. Otherwise it was fine. The flat brush, which I generally like a lot, didn’t do a lot to fix the aforementioned problems.
Overall I can recommend this to anyone willing to spend a bit longer to get an even and smooth finish. The colour is gorgeous and the price is excellent.

Here’s Easy Peasy, Lemon Squeezy! in two coats with top coat:

Then it was just a matter of doing random stuff with the other colours and sealing everything with a bit more Seche Vite.

Personally I like this a lot. I find that the almost brown-looking purple works well with the yellow-green, but the grey wasn’t the ideal choice.
How do you feel about silly random manis?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...