Tuesday, May 24, 2011

NotD – Confused About Tigers

It’s fail time! I bought this bronzy polish and was sure that a random line-type design would look awesome on it.
It didn’t.

Here’s what I used today:

  • OPI Nail Envy Soft & Thin
  • Seche Base
  • essence sun club 05 bbc golden sands
  • LOOK by BIPA nail tattoo liner 3 black
  • Maybelline Colorama glossy nail color 103 tiger eyes
  • Seche Vite

Tonight I started by applying a coat of OPI and Seche Base, then two of bbc golden sands and sealed it with Seche Vite.

bbc* golden sands is a warm golden bronze foil polish. The particles are ever so slightly larger than I would have expected. Like most foils this dries quickly and is quite opaque, two coats are all one might need.
I wasn’t surprised to find that bbc golden sands applied smoothly and evenly without pooling or dragging. The formula is quite lovely. The only (tiny) flaw is that the round brush is not cut properly, it’s slightly angled and a couple of bristles are too long.

* Apparently the ‘bbc’ stands for bondi beach collection, though that information is not visible on the actual products. My mind provided several possible alternatives, few of which I would consider publishing here.

Here’s bbc golden sands in two coats with Seche Vite (and yes, I’m awarfe that bronze/gold/brown is not my kind of colour):

As I mentioned above, I thought that random black lines would contrast nicely, but I wasn’t really pleased with the result.

Thus I added a coat of tiger eyes to soften the look and another coat of Seche Vite. Much better, but still not something I’ll do again (on purpose).

Somehow that mani reminds me of a cross between a tiger and a zebra pattern. Completely accidental, of course, ‘cause me no likey animal patterns.
Though I guess it’s good that it’s not my favourite mani ever, because it’s cleaning day tomorrow and my polish is bound to chip.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...