Friday, May 13, 2011

NotD – Erratic French Floral

Most of you probably noticed that blogger has been acting up over the past day or so. Sorry for the delay.
Today I have something girly again. I suspect that the next mani will not contain pink or purple. ;-)

Here’s what I used today:

  • OPI Nail Envy Soft & Thin
  • Nivea Manicure naturals Strong & Pastel 07 Lavender
  • Seche Vite
  • Nubar Erratic Purple
  • LOOK by BIPA nail tattoo liner 13 silver
  • Rimmel Pro SuperWear Ultra Shine Topcoat

I started by applying two coats of Nail Envy, three of Lavender and finished the base colour with a coat of Seche Vite.

Lavender is a sheer pale (surprise!) lavender polish. The colour is milky and smooth, dainty and sleek, all in all lovely. As this polish is sheer, you won’t be surprised that it takes more than four coats to make this more or less opaque. So unless you have naturally gorgeous nails, use it for layering or as a base for nail art, you might be disappointed by the way Lavender looks.
Though Lavender applies evenly, it shows all the flaws, patches, every white spot or wonky tip. Nevertheless it does apply beautifully and easily. I hardly had any clean-up to do, because the brush is flat with a rounded tip and not too wide. Very nice.

This is Lavender in two coats without top coat:

And here is Lavender in three coats with Seche Vite:


After the base was dry I used the silver liner to paint french tips. It’s really easy with the super-fine brush (FYI I didn’t clean up between steps today).

Then I used a short striping brush and Erratic Purple to paint on the outline of a flower onto each nail.

I didn’t want the petals to be too dark, so I mixed Lavender, silver and Erratic Purple to get a softer semi-sheer colour and used that to fill in the petals.

Going back to the silver liner, I brushed some silver highlights onto the flowers.

Lastly, I used a dotting tool with silver and Lavender to add a few speckles here and there (curse you, horror vacui) and sealed the polish with Rimmel top coat.

I think I need some black or dark blue now. How about you?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...