Monday, May 16, 2011

NotD – In Space No One Can See You Do The Robot

Wait, what?

Here’s what I used for this mani:

  • OPI Nail Envy Soft & Thin
  • Sally Hansen Miracle nail Thickener
  • Revlon 999 Blackest Black
  • NYX Girls NPG 139 Robotic
  • LOOK by BIPA nail tattoo liner 13 silver
  • Seche Vite

I started by applying one coat of each treatment, then three coats of Blackest Black, followed by one of Seche Vite.

Though I already swatched Blackest Black, it was way back when my photography skills sucked horribly and I felt it deserved a proper swatch and review.
Blackest Black is a deep black polish infused with bright blue microglitter. I love how this can appear to be a crème polish and suddenly sparkle brightly. Though it’s wearable in two coats, three thin coats are needed for full opacity.
This polish is ridiculously watery and prone to flooding the cuticles, so some extra care is necessary when applying Blackest Black. Despite its thin texture, this polish is almost perfectly even in two coats. It’s also rather shiny even without top coat. The simple round brush does its job pretty well.

Here’s Blackest Black in two coats without top coat:

And this is Blackest Black in three coats with Seche Vite:

After the base colour was dry I swept a curved line of silver across each nail.

Then I filled the larger black area with two thin coats of Robotic and sealed everything with Seche Vite.

 

This was one of those manis that I just had to stop embellishing because it just worked and looked divine.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...