Wednesday, May 4, 2011

NotD – Zipper to Leaf

Today’s mani is one that was supposed to look a bit different than this. Read on to find out what went wrong.
(Btw, the green looks a bit too blue-toned here. Sorry, it’s almost 4 am and I’m too tired to photoshop.)

Here’s what I used:

  • OPI Nail Envy Soft & Thin
  • Sally Hansen Miracle Nail Thickener
  • Orly Wandering Vine
  • LOOK by BIPA nail tattoo liner 3 black
  • Seche Vite

Today I started by applying my base coats, then two coats of Wandering Vine and one of Seche Vite.

Wandering Vine is a crème polish in a shade between forest green and hunter green. It’s lovely and rich and one of those greens I classify as Daria’s Jacket. And it’s a two-coater. Love.
This polish is on the runny side and prone to flooding if the brush is loaded with polish. Other than that I love the texture, Wandering Vine applied smoothly and evenly. Orly’s round brush is one of the better ones I’ve used and it works harmonically with the formula.

Here’s Wandering Vine in two coats with Seche Vite:

And now there’s the point when everything changed. I intended to do a very simple mani based on aforementioned jacket by painting a narrow black stripe onto each nail and adding a stylized zipper to the line on my middle finger. Then I botched the zipper badly and covered it with a large black segment. Which I subsequently smudged when applying top coat. The smudges were then fixed by adding a black on green and green on black leafy design. This time I didn’t smudge it with the final coat of Seche Vite.

And I think it turned out quite nicely.
Do you have something like my ‘Daria’s Jacket’ category?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...