Friday, June 24, 2011

Nail Quickie – Pirate or Soldier

I’ve had a bad week. Even if I don’t count the broken computer I’ve had a bad four days. Getting the new PC was a pain, the day before yesterday I decided to wear a new pair of shoes and you really don’t want to see my blisters (I’m limping around rather slowly). Breaking a few nails over those four days (damn sturdy packaging) was the least of my troubles. I don’t believe in fate, otherwise I would blame this on my prideful naked nails post. Winking smile
So yeah. Back to nubbins. I’m also struggling to start painting my nails early enough. After miraculously shifting my sleep pattern to a more sensible rhythm I’m missing my post-midnight painting hours.
</excuses and whinging>

Here’s what I used today:

  • OPI Nail Envy
  • ArtDeco Ceramic Nail Lacquer 120
  • Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Hidden Treasure
  • Seche Vite

First I applied two coats of Nail Envy, three coats of ArtDeco 120 and sealed it with Seche Vite.

120 is a muted army green crème polish with a rather strong grey tone. As army/military greens go, this is the ideal shade for me; most are too warm toned. 120’s opacity is fine, three coats leave no VNL.
I had to apply this polish fairly thickly, when I tried to apply it thinly it dragged a bit. Otherwise I was happy with the formula. 120 is a good polish, as most of ArtDeco’s Ceramic line seem to be. The brush is round and supple, the only thing I can think to say about it is that it holds quite a bit of polish, so wipe it off well.

This is 120 in two coats without top coat:

And here’s 120 in three coats with Seche Vite:

Because of aforementioned time issues I just added a coat of Hidden Treasure and another coat of Seche Vite. The effect is odd, to say the least. I really don’t know if I’ll ever wear that combination again. I think the flakies are just too warm-toned to harmonise with the green.

What’s on your mind tonight?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...