Saturday, June 11, 2011

NotD – Retinal Hazard

After much procrastination I finally made myself sit down and write this up properly.
I mixed up the base colour some time ago and just never got around to using it before. I’m not all that happy with how some nails turned out, though. Also, my cuticles suck today, despite giving them some happy Lemony Flutter Time.

Here’s what I used today:

  • OPI Nail Envy Soft & Thin
  • LOOK by BIPA Ridge Filler
  • Maybelline Colorama 51 French White
  • Nuclear Coral Frankenpolish
  • essence black and white 01 black out
  • Seche Vite

This time my base colour was an application of one coat of either base, then one coat of French White plus Seche Vite and finally one coat of Nuclear Coral plus more Seche Vite.

As usual with frankenpolishes I won’t go into it to deeply. Nuclear Coral contains quite a bit of neon polish, but also some white. I’d say it’s creamier than a true neon, but more opaque too. I still prefer it over a white base.

This is a coat of Nuclear Coral over French White with Seche Vite:

Then I used black out – severely thinned – with a fairly fine brush to add some hazard symbol inspired designs and some random ones. Another coat of Seche Vite finished the mani.

I actually painted my nails early in the morning today (after no sleep, but that’s not and excuse ;-) ), so I was able to catch the sliver of sunlight on my windowsill that I usually sleep through.
*gasp* Sunlight photo!

With that many separate coats of Seche Vite this mani should be ridiculously sturdy. Nevertheless, I shan’t try to open cans and poke holes in stuff.
So, um, any interest in seeing my nails sans polish? They’re not too scary.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...