Wednesday, June 8, 2011

NotD – Subway Green Revisited

Unlike some previous trends (mannequin nails *shudders*) I do like crackle polish, nevertheless I never seem to get around to actually buying more colours. I still have just that single bottle of Isadora Subway Green I showed off a couple of times (here and here).
This time I wore it over a weird pale shimmer.

Here’s what I used:

  • OPI Nail Envy Soft & Thin
  • LOOK by BIPA Ridge Filler
  • MNY 407A
  • IsaDora Graffiti Nails 806 Subway Green
  • Seche Vite

I chose this combo simply because I had very little time and was terribly tired. Therefore I simply applied a coat of either base coat, two of 407A (here’s the swatch), waited a bit and finished by applying Subway Green and a bit later Seche Vite.

I obviously didn’t apply Subway Green close enough to the cuticle on a couple of fingers. The problem with crackle polish is that it just doesn’t look as nice if you apply it with more than one stroke. Isadora has a nice wide brush, but getting an evenly thick coat is still highly improbable.

Which are your favourite crackle polishes? Are you as sick of seeing the same promo pics in your RSS reader/dashboard over and over as I am?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...