Friday, June 17, 2011

NotD – Who Wants Raw Fish?

Did you know that tomorrow, June 18, is International Sushi Day? No? Well, now you do.
I’m actually not that much of a sushi lover. I find raw fish a bit bland, I don’t want to eat anything that can’t be classified as chordata… The only thing I really like is kappamaki and sushi rice in general.
Nevertheless, sushi is awesome. Therefore: Happy Sushi Day.
(Bleu model was a pain to photograph, so all images have been photoshopped. I realized after I’d uploaded them that it should be even more green. Bleu indeed.)

My base colour for this mani is a pretty shade of slightly muted turquoise, Bourjois So Laque! 44 Bleu model. Its opacity is barely decent, two coats are wearable, three thin coats are almost fully opaque.
Otherwise this has a gorgeous formula. Bleu model applies smoothly and evenly, the rather thin polish tend to pool a little, but as long as the brush isn’t loaded it shouldn’t be much of a problem. The brush is supple and flat, but unlike the ‘1 seconde’ polishes it’s just the right width.
I like this polish, but it’s a bit expensive so I won’t get any more unless the colours are truly special.

This is Bleu model in two coats without top coat:

And here’s Bleu model in three coats with Seche Vite:

Then I used a dozen or so polishes to put sushi and maki on my nails.

*yawns* My energy levels are in the cellar right now.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...