Sunday, July 3, 2011

NotD – Inadvertently Pseudopatriotic

I was absolutely not planning to do a special mani for Independence Day. Firstly: I’m not American. B: I don’t believe in patriotism, because self-declared patriots seldom can explain why their country is the awsomesauciest. And III: Red, white and blue isn’t one of my preferred colour combinations.
But I just happened to paint my nails in this pretty blue and was just about to add some white dots when I realized that I was just one colour away from a Fourth of July mani and figured I might as well go there.

Here’s what I used today:

  • OPI Nail Envy
  • ArtDeco Ridge Filler
  • MNY 659
  • essence black & white 02 white hype
  • Eyeko Saucy Polish
  • Seche Vite

I started with one coat of each base, two of 659 and and sealed the base colour with Seche Vite.

MNY 659 in a fairly bright, clear medium blue crème polish. It’s similar to, though a couple of shades lighter than essence my boyfriend’s jeans (from the denim wanted! TE). The pigmentation is very good, 659 is opaque in two coats or three very thin ones.
Overall this applied beautifully, though it clearly didn’t like my ridge filler (the first coat of blue dragged, despite a dry base). MNY 659 was even in two coats and levelled very well. I can never complain about MNY’s rather narrow flat brush. I just love it.
I had the impression that layered over something else a single coat of 659 might look a bit jelly-ish and squishy.

This is MNY 659 in two coats with Seche Vite:

When the base was almost fully dry I used a dotting tool and white hype to add a row of dots neat the tip of the nail and then put a dot of Saucy Polish onto each white one.
Another coat of Seche Vite finished the mani.

What are you wearing on your nails this weekend?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...