Saturday, July 23, 2011

NotD - Short Nails Demand French Manicures

I don’t wear French Manicures very often and I think mostly when my nails are rather short. Somehow I just felt like that today.

Here’s what I used for this mani:

  • OPI Nail Envy
  • LOOK by BIPA Diamond Hardener
  • essence 50’s girls reloaded 01 ahoy!
  • Estée Lauder C4 Peach Sorbet
  • Seche Vite

There are so many ways of achieving a French tip. For me the method depends on my mood and amount of staining on my nails. They’re not too bad these days (though you can see them getting a tad greenish towards the tip), so I applied my base coats and then used ahoy! with a striping brush to outline the tips. I prefer to use the normal brush to fill them in, though, and that’s what I did.
A coat of Peach Sorbet and some Seche Vite and this extra-simple mani is done! I’m not even going to add any embellishments today.

If my nails had been badly stained I would have applied a couple of coats of Peach Sorbet before doing the tip. This can also be used to disguise a strongly curved smile line if you prefer a straighter tip.
It’s always a good idea to have a silver or gold nail art polish nearby. If the lines are wonky I just add a thin line between the white and nude areas.
If you’re wondering why I don’t just use a nail art liner for the whole tip paintage: I find that while they tend to be beautifully pigmented, they smudge and transfer. A simple white crème polish is much better (though I have yet to find a white polish that doesn’t smudge at all).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...