Saturday, September 24, 2011

NotD - Happy Rainbow Time

Nail mail day! I think I’ll stick to buying only limited editions until I’m through with my untrieds (thankfully I only keep a repurposed tissue box for that purpose, so it won’t take too long).

Here’s what I used today:

  • OPI Nail Envy
  • essence base sealer
  • China Glaze Lavender Lingo
  • acrylic paint
  • essence top sealer
  • Seche Vite

First I applied one coat of each base, four of Lavender Lingo and sealed the polish with Seche Vite.

Colour me faintly baffled, is Lavender Lingo supposed to be anything but pink? If so, I am utterly unable to detect it. I see a cool-toned pale pink, and a fairly sheer one at that. It almost seems like a jelly, so it’s not chalky at all. I’ll keep it for nail art, but it’s not all that flattering on me. At first it looked like it may be opaque in two to three coats, but I had two apply four coats to get rid of any streaks and patches.
The first couple of coats of Lavender Lingo were rather streaky, even three remained a bit patchy. I’m willing to sit and apply until the polish looks fine, but most people tend to get bored after two coats, so that is far from ideal. Too bad, because the viscosity was spot-on. The brush is a decent round one, it’s fine, but not awesome.

This is Lavender Lingo in two coats without top coat:

And this is Lavender Lingo in four coats with Seche Vite:

You all know, of course, that we recently saw the end of Don’t Ask, Don't Tell, which was way overdue. I may not be a US girl or have anything to do with the military, but I smiled so hard I thought my cheeks would fall off any second. Happy Rainbow Time!
The dots are all acrylic paint (because I had them right next to me and the polish is all the way over the *points*), followed by a coat of top sealer and Seche Vite.

Incidentally, yesterday/today (depending on your time zone) was Celebrate Bisexuality Day: have a happy one, everyone!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...