Thursday, September 8, 2011

NotD - Parasolific

I’m a little obsessed right now. My love for steampunk didn’t have to be rekindled, instead it has been fortified, I guess, by Gail Carriger’s Parasol Protectorate novels. So awesome and highly recommended. There’s vampires and werewolves and I don’t even mind.

Here’s what I used:

  • OPI Nail Envy
  • essence better than gel nails base sealer
  • essence colour&go 76 hard to resist
  • essence colour&go 80 icy princess
  • essence better than gel nails top sealer
  • black marker pen
  • Seche Vite

I applied one coat of either base, then two of hard to resist and sealed my base colour with Seche Vite.

hard to resist is a vibrant medium blue base with loads of bright blue shimmer. In the bottle it appears to have a bit of a purple edge, but that doesn’t translate onto the nail. If you’ve been painting your nails for a few years you probably own something very similar, so it’s not really an absolute must-have. This polish is nice and opaque, two coats are perfect.
The viscosity is on the thicker end of average, but easy enough to work with. The shimmer is mostly well-dispersed, but there are some subtle brush marks. Other than that I had no trouble with hard to resist. The flat brush is excellent and allowed me to apply this polish very neatly.

Here’s hard to resist in two coats with Seche Vite:

After the base colour was dry I used a bit of kitchen sponge and icy princess to add a sponged silver tip and sealed it with top sealer.
When that was firm enough I took a black pen to add the black silhouette to my accent nail and added some Seche Vite.

Tip: If you want to use a Sharpie or similar marker pens, test them. Next time you’re about to remove your polish draw one line per pen onto each nail, let them dry for a few minutes and then apply a different top coat on each nail. That way you’ll have a good idea which top coat smudges which pens. Write it down. ^_~

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...