Friday, October 21, 2011

NotD - An Apple A Day

I had a completely different post planned, but a glance at my calendar made me change direction completely. Why? Because today, October 21st, is Apple Day.

This is what I used tonight:

  • China Glaze Nail Strengthener & Growth Formula
  • Astor Protection 3 Base Coat
  • China Glaze Hot Apple
  • Orly Green Apple (it’s more yellowy than it looks here)
  • acrylic paint
  • some random top coat
  • Seche Vite

I started by applying one coat of each base, three coats of Hot Apple on nine nails and Green Apple on the accent nail. Then I sealed the polish with Seche Vite.

Though I’m not much of a red polish kind of girl, Hot Apple has a special place in my heart. It was one of the products I got with my first US polish order. It’s one of those crèmes I can’t describe in other words than creamy, the fairly high white content that always makes reds a little pinkish. Hot Apple is mostly red, though, and thus not as opaque as some creamy reds. It definitely requires four coats for full opacity, three will yield an almost fully opaque result unless you look at them from just the right angle.
But if you don’t mind a bit of VNL, I found Hot Apple to be extremely even, so it definitely is wearable in two coats. It applied free of any streaks and levelled beautifully. The only issue I have with this is that if you dip the (usual round and decent) brush in and wipe one side, as I usually do, there’s a bit too little polish on the brush. Strange.

Here’s Hot Apple in two coats without top coat:

And here’s Hot Apple in three coats with Seche Vite:

After the base colours were dry I used acrylic paint to add just a single dark red apple to the accent nail and sealed it with more top coat, first a coat of some random generic TC as to have a wet base to add more Seche Vite to.

So have an apple or at least something apple-y (pie counts ^_~) today, folks! I might just whip up some tasty fruity oaty bar muesli, since it’s almost breakfast time.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...