Friday, October 7, 2011

NotD - Sprinkled Pink

I’ve been into multicoloured manis a lot recently (could you tell?). But I still like to have the base colour show through. Curvy line to the rescue!

Here’s what I used today:

  • China Glaze Nail Strengthener & Growth Formula
  • essence base sealer
  • essence colour&go 08 ultimate pink
  • LOOK by BIPA nail tattoo liner 3 black (I’m a dope, so this isn’t on the photo)
  • a bunch of coloured polishes
  • essence top sealer
  • Seche Vite

After applying both base coats I added three coats of ultimate pink and sealed it with Seche Vite (which I finally thinned, the last dregs from the big refill bottle were so gloopy).

ultimate pink is your basic bright pink crème, not all that special, but a great staple to have. It dries a bit darker than it looks in the bottle, but the cap is amazingly accurate. The opacity is average; two coats still leave VNL, three are perfectly opaque unless you apply extremely thin coats.
I found the formula easy to work with, smooth and even, it levelled amazingly. ultimate pink also dries to a very shiny finish, which is great for top coat-haters. Y’all know that I love the flat and not too wide brush used for essence’s colour&go line.
If you own a few bottles of pink you may already own a very similar shade, but it is gorgeous and easy to apply. So yeah, I can definitely recommend this polish.

Here’s ultimate pink in two coats without top coat (see how shiny it is all by itself):

And here’s ultimate pink in three coats with Seche Vite (they really matched the colour of the cap perfectly, didn’t they?):

Today I’ll show you the main steps again.
After the base was dry I roughly sketched out the to-be-multicoloured area with the black liner. No need to be too precise, the black will be redone at the end. Just try not to get any into the area that is supposed to remain pink.
If you do mess up: I hope you waited for your top coat to dry, because then you should be able to carefully use a brush and acetone/polish remover to remove the polish. The top coat you’ll add later will disguise the resulting scuffed/dissolved surface.

Then the dotting started. I used quite a few crème polishes for this and layered them as random them as possible.
Depending on the amount of time (and patience) you have you can make the dots any size you want. Big spots take less to apply, but will take longer to dry if you don’t like quick-drying top coat. Starting with a coarsely splotched layer with smaller dots on top could be a good compromise.
If you’re really out of time: acrylic paint. It’s utterly easy to work with and dries immediately.

Keep layering.

Once I was happy with the dots I reapplied the black line separating the pink from the multicoloured part. I then added essence top sealer to give the following coat of Seche Vite an even base. Though the pink should still have been safe to add the SV to without adverse reactions.

Have I done this before? Either I did or I saw this somewhere else, but I really can’t remember right now. It feels very familiar.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...