Monday, December 5, 2011

Colour Me Baffled

Warning! This post contains my face with very little make-up (and barely-there brows, since I was too lazy to emphasise them properly *sadface*), If you’re afraid of double-chins and moles on noses, go no further.

The point here: I’ve had a long, unsatisfying relationship with my hair. Like many women I haven’t ever had a good cut (other than “just trim the very ends, no layers” in my longer-haired phases). My hair went from awesome big curls (toddler) to dead straight (kindergarten), then there was a phase of having it cut short enough for the texture to be unnoticeable. When I let it grow out again it was pretty wavy, but over the last decade or so it slowly got straighter again (so it’s a gentle wave now, I suppose).

For the past five years or so I’ve been cutting my own hair, since I refuse to pay ridiculous amounts of money for a cut I don’t like. There’ve been ups and downs, but my current asymmetric cut is pretty neat, if I say so myself (though I do need a trim, especially the short side).
Generally I wash my hair not long before going to bed, because sleeping on damp hair can enhance the waviness.

So cut to today.
I washed my face, looked up into the mirror and went “Whu? *blink* *snort* This is… awesome!” My hair was completely flat on the short side (which it always is), but the other side was doing this amazing messy almost-curl thing. Sis was walking past a minute later and I couldn’t but tell her to come look at my Jekyll and Hyde hair, which led to her insisting I take photos and y’know a photo ain’t worth anything unless someone you’ve never met gets to snicker about it, too.

So here’s the short side (pardon the random debris in the background):

And the messy thing (no styling products were used, I didn’t even use any treatments or conditioners):

Super happy with the layered glitter I have on my nails right now, so expect to see that soon. And yes, I really need to sort through my stacks of 90s VHS tapes soon, I haven’t watched any in years and they take up so much space.
I’m feeling nosy! What’s your hair like? Has it changed a lot over the years?


Anonymous said...


Магистратура заочно спб магистратура заочно спб Дистанционная магистратура европе Дистанционное обучение высшее образование в москве Онлайн обучение магистратура онлайн обучение магистратура Заочное высшее образование в казахстане заочное высшее образование в казахстане
[url=]Обучение заочной аспирантуре[/url]
[url=]Второе высшее образование[/url]
[url=]Скидки второе высшее скидки второе высшее[/url]
[url=]Совмещение работы и ип[/url]
[url=]Дистанционное обучение высшее образование москва дистанционное обучение высшее образование москва[/url]
Дистанционное высшее образование это дистанционное высшее образование это Заочное образование спб
функционирование организации успешно строится ответственными

взаимосвязей, подчеркивая важную и возрастающую роль в целостном
способности, навыки, умения, но характер изменений зависит от
недостатки в деятельности отдельных предпринимателей и
борьба с «психологией тройки», развитие в студенческих коллективах
органами, подразделениями, службами, группами тесно связана

[url=]Здесь [/url]
[url=]Сайт здесь [/url]
[url=]Здесь [/url]
[url=] [/url]

Anonymous said... phone monitor htc [url=]free mobile phone locator australia[/url] track phone numbers in india cell phone spy call intercept how can i view text messages online tmobile freshdevices spyware [url=]find a cell phone number for free by persons name[/url] how to locate a lost cell phone with gps spy on text messages verizon software to monitor cell phone activity detect spy software cell phones [url=]download phone spy free[/url] apple iphone spy software download mobile phone tapping software parental monitoring cell phones [url=]sms spy android free[/url]

Anonymous said...

free mobile spy app sms spy phone software [url=] how to track down stolen iphone 4[/url] download mobile spy for free how to spy on text messages without installing software blackberry app spy text messages
spy on cell phone without having the phone spy sms messages cell phone [url=] watch mobile cell phone bluetooth spy camera 910[/url] spy kids 2 1 4 watch spy kids 3 part 1 trace cell phone number free online
[url=]telephone call monitoring policy[/url]
android spy apps for texting spy vs spy movie release date [url=] cell phone spy iphone 3gs[/url] spy camera glasses amazon spy gear watch for kids spy software for apple computers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...