Wednesday, December 7, 2011

NotD - Layered Hexawesomeness

A while ago I showed you this horrible mess, and now I’ve actually managed to use two of the hexagonal glitters in a way I adore.

Here’s what I used for this mani:

  • China Glaze Nail Strengthener & Growth Formula
  • essence btgn base sealer
  • Color Club Gossip Column
  • essence colour&go 78 blue addicted
  • unnamed claire’s polish with fine blue and hexagonal lilac glitter
  • Seche Vite

I started with one coat of each base coat, then two of Gossip Column and one of Seche Vite.

Gossip Column is an amazing blue-ish teal crème. This was instant love for me, it’s utterly flattering and contrasts so nicely with my skintone. Add to that the fact that it’s opaque in two coats (three if you apply the thinnest coats possible) and it’s a perfect polish for me.
The application was smooth and easy, Gossip Column spread and levelled beautifully. I’m trying to find some flaw, but even the round brush was perfectly useable.
If you didn’t get this polish back when it first appeared, go and get it now. It’s amazing.

This is Gossip Column in two coats with Seche Vite (I had to photoshop this, as my camera turned it into a muted blue):

I ran out of time the night I applied Gossip Column, so I wore it plain for a day and managed to bend the corners of a couple of nails. The extra thickness of the added nail art and extra layer of Seche Vite usually prevents that from happening. Since I didn’t want to completely redo the mani I just added some base coat to the chips and cracks, added another layer of Gossip Column and then layered one coat of blue addiction and one of the claire’s polish. Another coat of Seche Vite to seal the polish and the mani was finished.

That blue addiction would look great over a deeper blue or teal base was obvious, but even though I suspected that the lilac glitter would good on to I was unprepared for the astonishingly harmonic contrast going on there. I did consider also using the gold hex glitter, but gladly skipped it. After the lilac the mani just felt complete.
Do you love hexagonal glitter just as much as I do?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...