Wednesday, June 20, 2012

NotD - Hippie-esque

For many years now, probably since the mid/late 90s I’ve been drawn to pink and orange combinations. That might possibly be connected to some minor Hippie-ism on my part. I don’t usually wear these colours as clothing, but on my nails I do like them (despite my overwhelming adoration for all things green and teal).
This particular mani was one of those ‘not sure what I’m going to do until I do it’ ones.

Here’s what I used for this:

  • OPI Nail Envy
  • Douglas nylon base coat
  • Catrice 790 The Pinky And The Brain
  • LOOK by BIPA nail tattoo liner 4 white (old packaging)
  • Trind French White
  • b.pretty 65 crazy orange
  • essence show your feet 20 sweet candy pink
  • Seche Vite

As usual I applied one coat of each base, two of The Pinky And The Brain and one of Seche Vite.

The Pinky And The Brain (all right, who else squealed a bit at reading that name?) is a gorgeous, rich, medium pink crème, just a shade darker than the one I recently declared my love for. It’s another lovely two coater. We’ve seen a few of those recently.
Anyone who isn’t too bothered by VNL can easily wear The Pinky And The Brain in one coat because it’s perfectly even. No streaks, no patchiness. It’s a tad runny, but easy to handle and the moderately wide, flat brush has a rounded tip. It’s a great brush for anyone with a roundish nail shape. Mine was cut a bit wonkily, but still worked perfectly well.
Recommended!

Here’s The Pinky And The Brain in two coats with Seche Vite:

Then I decided to paint part of the nail in crazy orange. I hadn’t used that before so I decided that it would be best to do a white base for that. I went with the white nail tattoo liner for opacity’s sake, then layered French White on top for a more even finish. On most nails I just needed one coat of crazy orange.

At first I had planned to put a black stripe between the pink and orange areas, but then thought that would just hide the loveliness of the combination, so I went with a scalloped edge.
I added a row of dots using The Pinky And The Brain, then layered dots in sweet candy pink over them. Then I ‘cut off’ part of the dots by painting more The Pinky And The Brain along the diagonal and added a narrow line of sweet candy pink parallel to that. Top coat time!
*blinks* That sounded really confusing, but maybe it’s just the heat that’s getting to me. So you also get a close-up.

It definitely would have been easier to use the orange as the base, but as I said above, this was a rather random thing.
The result rather reminds me of fancy knickers (I may or may not own orange and pink undies), which probably isn’t that Hippie-esque after all.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...