Friday, June 15, 2012

NotD - Now That Didn’t Quite Work

Do you sketch random nail designs to figure out what to do? I do and mine always look better than the actual on-nail result. Hmmm, someone should invent a way to make hand-drawn or printed water decals or something.
Anyway, I thought this was going to be awesome, but as you’ll see below, that’s not what happened.

This is what I used for this mani:

  • OPI Nail Envy
  • Douglas nylon base coat
  • essence show your feet 20 sweet candy pink
  • ANNY 369 green racing drag (does that mean drag you wear to the races or racing green for drag racing?)
  • white acrylic paint
  • Seche Vite

First I applied one coat of each base, two of sweet candy pink and one of Seche Vite.

sweet candy pink is a crème polish in a deep clear pink, a shade I particularly love these days. It’s not obnoxiously bright and I would consider it safe for most workplaces. It’s formulated as a toenail polish and is supposed to be ‘long-lasting and great coverage with just one coat.’ I agree on the opacity. It’s extremely close to being a one-coater. I applied two just for perfection’s sake.
The application was a dream, sweet candy pink levelled easily, it wasn’t at all streaky or patchy and the relatively narrow, flat brush is just lovely (I imagine that painting one’s dinky toenails would be rather easy). The only problem I encountered was one nail chipping badly within a day, the rest had a bit of tipwear after a couple of days.

This is sweet candy pink in two coats with Seche Vite:

I love the awesome colour that is green racing drag and decided to paint a triangular area near my cuticles. It was a real pain getting that even and more or less tidy, but it darkened by a good shade over the pink. And when I added the white acrylic paint between the pink and green, it just didn’t want to cover evenly. But that’s not all: the longer I wore this mani, the greener the white turned. o.O
So this is what it looked after adding the green, white and top coat:

Write blog post - check.
Crochet some granny squares - still not started. I’m not usually into crocheting, but my bed needs replacing and I refuse to get another dinky one if I can possibly fit a bigger one in here (also, all the compact ones are ugly). However, none of my throws will fit, so I’m going to see if I can do the crochety thing long-term. Hundreds of squares. o.O

Who’s looking forward to the weekend?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...