Saturday, June 9, 2012

NotD - Simple Zigzag

Can you believe that I actually post something the day I painted it? Still into super simple stuff these days, though.

Here’s what I used tonight:

  • OPI Nail Envy
  • Douglas protect me nylon base coat
  • iQ Cosmetics colour flash Nr.16 green flash (that’s probably what it’s called, the bottle just has the number, the online store just names o.O)
  • MaxFactor Glossfinity 140 Cobalt Blue
  • SpaRitual Heliotrope
  • Seche Vite
  • pink rhinestones

After applying one coat of each base I added two coats of green flash and some Seche Vite.

green flash is a fresh, bright, yellowy green crème, a bit like a softer lime (not quite as bright as in the photos). The opacity is quite average, I could barely make two coats work, three would have been better if I hadn’t covered part of the nail up.
This polish claims to dry in 45 seconds, this may be sort of true for a single coat on a fully dry base, but who does that? So ignore these claims. The first coat went on very streaky, the second was much better, but still a tad uneven. Otherwise the application was fine and green flash dried to a very shiny finish.
I love the colour, but I’ve seen it before for less money.

This is green flash in two coats with top coat:

Then I applied Cobalt Blue over approximately 2/3 of each nail, leaving a vaguely triangular patch of green.

Next I used Heliotrope to paint a diagonal tip.

Last step: I added a pink rhinestone where all three colours meet an sealed it with Seche Vite.

I wonder if I’ll ever fall out of love with the lime/blue combination. What’s your go-to colour combo these days?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...