Saturday, June 23, 2012

Swatches - MaxFactor Glossfinity Royal Blue & Cobalt Blue

When MaxFactor’s Glossfinity nail polish showed up at my local drugstores, I wasn’t super excited, the colours were pretty standard. But a couple of blues caught my eye. You’ve already had a sneaky look at Cobalt Blue, here are both of them swatched.


MaxFactor Glossfinity 135 Royal Blue

Royal Blue is a rich, deep blue crème, strongly reminding me of royal blue ink (for once, a polish that’s appropriately named). Depending on the lighting it can gain the faintest purple tinge. It’s nice and opaque, barely needing two coats and didn’t stain my nails.
I found the application to be quite lovely. Royal Blue was smooth and even, slightly on the runny side, but just at the point where it levels well without pooling. The brush is round, not too slender and with lovely supple bristles.

Here’s Royal Blue in two coats with Seche Vite:


MaxFactor Glossfinity 140 Cobalt Blue

Cobalt Blue is a slightly muted, medium blue crème. Not even a slight hint of warmth in this polish, which makes it even more wearable in my opinion. It’s a perfect two coater.
The application was ever so slightly more difficult than Royal Blue; the first coat was a tad uneven and the polish a bit thicker. Cobalt Blue still levelled very well, though. The brush is lovely, as I said above.

This is Cobalt Blue in two coats with Seche Vite (colour slightly corrected):


These are excellent polishes, highly recommended. And y’know what? 11 ml (that’s ~0.372 fl. oz) is a pretty good size in Europe, we get a lot of bulky bottles with 8ish ml these days.
I can’t speak for colours I haven’t tried, but both polishes I’ve tried are awesome, so I’d say give the Glossfinity polishes a try if you see a colour you like. Just don’t expect them to actually last the seven days promised on the bottle. Does anyone actually believe that?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...