Tuesday, July 24, 2012

NotD - Blue-Skinned Apples

Some days I really have trouble coming up with a title. o.O It’s just a diagonal crackle, but I do love it and shockingly, the cashier at the drugstore liked them enough to say so (so rare here).

This is what I used:

  • essie grow stronger
  • LCN 329 fanappleistic
  • Boulevard de Beauté blue crackle
  • LOOK by BIPA nail tattoo liner 3 black
  • Seche Vite

I started by applying two coats of grow stronger, followed by two of fanappleistic and one of Seche Vite.

fanappleistic is a bright yellow-toned green, I wouldn’t usually call it apple green, but there are apples this shade of green. It’s a gorgeous crème polish and opaque in two coats.
The first coat was even on some nails, but generally fairly patchy. But as it evened out very nicely with the second coat I can’t complain. fanappleistic could have levelled more easily, but overall I found it easy to apply. The brush is round and a bit dinky, not surprising since it’s a miniature bottle.

This is fanappleistic in two coats with Seche Vite:

I wanted something relatively simple that night, so I just added blue crackle polish to half the nail diagonally and added a black line between crackle and -non-crackle. Some more Seche Vite and the mani was done.

Originally I planned to add some hot pink, too, but it seemed finished after the black and I do try to stop before I go too far. ^_^
One more thing, when I was at the drugstore today I found some Colorama polish (had to chuckle at the label on the display reading “Marschmallow”). In new bottles. I was rather surprised, since I don’t remember seeing them anywhere before, neither online nor in-store. Not even at Mueller and they generally seem to get everything first. Picked up a couple of colours I didn’t have and liked, so those’ll be up soon. Have any of you seen the new bottles?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...