Wednesday, July 18, 2012

NotD - Squiggly Breakthrough

I really thought this one would be rather quick and easy. Not really. But hey, my nails look like wallpaper.

This is what I used:

  • essie grow stronger
  • essence colour&go 26 break through
  • Seche Vite
  • Misslyn Siegellack
  • acrylic paint (dark cadmium yellow - my tube says cadmium dark yellow, which just doesn’t sound right; peacock blue; vermillion)

First, two coats of grow stronger, three of break through and one of Seche Vite.

break through is a vivid warm purple with subtle shimmer, just enough to give the polish some glow. As usual with purples my camera failed to capture the shade properly, so the photos have been edited. This polish is opaque in three coats.
I found break through easy to apply, it spread nicely, levelled well and was only a little streaky at first. The fairly narrow flat brush is lovely.
If your local drugstores don’t have the new colour&go polishes in yet, grab this one (*cough*sale*cough*).

This is break through in two coats without top coat:

And here’s break through in three coats with Seche Vite:

After the base was dry I spent ages applying squiggly lines in dark cadmium yellow, by the time I figured out how to do that best I was practically finished, of course. Then I just added a dot of peacock blue and vermillion onto each bulge. Since all that painting had taken forever I added a coat of Siegellack to give the Seche Vite something to grip and then slapped on three coats of Seche Vite. Still bumpy, by the way.

Nevertheless, I really do like the design. It’s a classic pattern, even if my variant is a bit wonky.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...