Saturday, September 1, 2012

31 Days: Day 1 - Phoenix

Since I’ve been less than consistent with my posting schedule this year I decided to try the 31 day challenge this month. Not sure if I can do it (the post-before-midnight thing will be very hard). I don’t think I’ll do a full ‘ten freehanded nails’ mani every day. Accent nails FTW!
Day 1 is supposed to be ‘red nails.’ That’s an actual challenge for me, I don’t have a lot of red polish.
Pardon the dry cuticles, please. I didn’t have the time for my usual pre-polish deep treatment.

Here’s what I used today:

  • essie rock solid
  • Douglas nylon base coat
  • Bourjois 10 days #11
  • China Glaze 2030
  • Maybelline Colorama 749 Electric Yellow
  • LCN 328 spice up your life
  • rhinestones
  • Seche Vite

I first applied one coat of each base, three of #11 and sealed it with Seche Vite.

#11 is a nigh-primary tomato red polish with subtle golden-red shimmer, which only shows up as you tilt the bottle/nail. The opacity is average, three coats provide full coverage, though two are wearable.
This polish applies smoothly and without streaking. I had no issues with the formula and couldn’t detect any brush marks. If you take just a bit of time to get to know the 10 days brush, which is bafflingly angled and flat, you shouldn’t have any problems with #11.

Here’s #11 in two coats without top coat:

And this is #11 in three coats with Seche Vite:

After the base colour was dry I used all coloured polishes and painted a bird-thing on my accent nail. The other nails got some swirls. I popped on a red and two amber rhinestones to give the phoenix tail some glow. Then I sealed everything with Seche Vite.

Come back tomorrow, when something orange should happen.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...