Monday, September 10, 2012

31 Days: Day 10 - Bloody Gryffindors

Can you believe it’s the tenth already? Today is gradient day. And apparently fail day. I don’t really like this manicure.

This is what I used today:

  • essence btgn base sealer
  • Catrice 650 Goldfinger
  • Bourjois 10 days #11
  • essence btgn top sealer

I had some swatch photos in my image stash, so we’ll do the Goldfinger review first.

Goldfinger is a golden polish with a sparkly metallic finish, somewhere between a pure metallic and a foil. Sadly it’s fairly sheer and required at least three and ideally four coats.
I found that though fairly thin, the polish isn’t too uneven. Unless you completely overload the brush Goldfinger doesn’t pool, it’s a pain to clean up, though, so apply it carefully. Like many metallics this shows quite a lot of brush marks. The brush is flat and has a round-cut tip.
It’s not a bad polish, but I’ve seen better golden polishes.

This is Goldfinger in two coats without top coat:

And here’s Goldfinger in three coats with top coat:

For today’s gradient I applied base sealer and three coats of Goldfinger. Then I stippled on #11 near the tip of each nail and added a coat of top sealer.

It didn’t come out well, in my opinion. I removed it immediately to avoid having to run around with bloody Gryffindor nails.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...