Thursday, September 13, 2012

31 Days: Day 13 - Wee Beasties

Animal print? Do I have to?
Alright, I give up, but I’ll choose the colours, k? (Photos have been edited to turn the neon green back into chartreuse.)

This is what I used tonight:

  • essie rock solid
  • essence colour&go 138 L.O.L
  • Seche Vite
  • Manhattan Styleproofed 08S Grasshopper Cocktail
  • Yves Rocher 52 Soleil bleu
  • assorted stamping supplies
  • essie good to go

Fist I applied a couple of coats of rock solid, two of L.O.L and sealed the polish with Seche Vite.

L.O.L is a bright chartreuse crème, a lot brighter and more yellowy than most yellow-greens. It’s pretty much identical to chartreuse yellow/traditional chartreuse. Two coats are all you need unless you apply them super-thinly.
The first coat was ridiculously streaky, the second was miraculously even and opaque. L.O.L is of medium viscosity and very easy to control. Overall I’m happy with the formula. The new colour&go brush remains flat, but is wider and the tip is cut to a round shape. I don’t mind it, but folks with very narrow or more square-shaped nails may have trouble.

This is L.O.L in two coats with Seche Vite:

When the base was dry I used an old essence image plate, Grasshopper Cocktail and Soleil bleu to add various animal prints. Then I sealed them with good to go.

Hey, that didn’t turn out badly at all. I think tomorrow I’ll do some freehanding again.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...