Saturday, September 15, 2012

31 Days: Day 15 - A Curtain of Flowers

Today we’re supposed to do a delicate print. You know what? I still have my stamping stuff out, so I’ll use one of my favourite Konad designs.

This is what I used today:

  • essie rock solid
  • essence btgn base sealer
  • Astor Fashion Studio 200
  • Seche Vite
  • stamping supplies (white Konad polish, image plate m73)

First I applied one coat of each base, three of Astor 200 and sealed the polish with Seche Vite.

200 is a medium purple crème, a slightly darker shade of Wisteria. This polish is just on the verge of being a two-coater, I applied three.
Overall, 200 applied reasonably well, there was a bit of dragging, but nothing a bit of patience between coats can’t prevent. It also didn’t level that well, which can easily be fixed with top coat. The brush is round and works well enough.

This is Astor 200 in two coats without top coat:

And here’s 200 in three coats with Seche Vite:

When the base colour was dry I used the floral design from image plate m73 and white special polish to add a dainty design and sealed it with plenty of top coat.

I love this floral full-nail pattern. It’s just so very lovely and cute.

2 comments:

Cin said...

I love that pattern too! I just got that stamping plate in my last order and haven't had a chance to use it yet. I love the polish color, I hope I have something like that (a dupe) already in my stash.

cucumpear said...

Thankfully, that shade of purple is relatively easy to find. And I feel that this kind of pattern is the reason everyone should try stamping. There are a few nail artists out there who are fully able to freehand such intricate patters, but most of us can't.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...