Sunday, September 2, 2012

31 Days: Day 2 - Yellow Sub-Mandarin

I’ve been out and about most of today, so there wasn’t a lot of time for something awesome. Orange swatch!

Catrice 865 Yellow Sub-Mandarin

Yellow Sub-Mandarin is a light, creamy, yet bright orange with fine, silvery shimmer. I find this colour very hard to wear, insanely pale or way more tan folks will do much better, but with the Beatles reference I couldn’t not buy it. It’s not super-opaque, three coats will do.
This polish is fairly uneven, I wouldn’t think of wearing less than three coats. Yellow Sub-Mandarin also doesn’t level very well. Overall it applies acceptably, but I won’t sing praises of this polish. The round-cut flat brush is nice enough.

This is Yellow Sub-Mandarin in two coats without top coat:

And this is Yellow Sub-Mandarin in three coats with top coat:

I have an idea for tomorrow, we’ll see if I can do it.
Random question: how easy do you find to press left-CTRL + i with one hand? For me i is pretty comfortable, o and l would be barely doable (if I ever need them *g*), darn short fingers. I probably wouldn’t be able to reach if it weren’t for my piano playing days (which are looong over).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...