Monday, September 3, 2012

31 Days: Day 3 - Inverted Yellow Tang

It’s Day 3 of the 31 Days Challenge and today we have the prompt “yellow nails.” I’m not really sure how I got the ‘invert a yellow tang in blue water’ idea, but it turned out super cute.

Here’s what I used:

  • essie rock solid
  • Douglas nylon base coat
  • Maybelline Colorama 749 Electric Yellow
  • acrylic paint
  • essence gel-look top coat
  • Seche Vite

First I applied one coat of each base, four of Electric Yellow and sealed it with Seche Vite.

Electric Yellow is a super-bright warm yellow crème, gorgeous colour. Now if only the opacity were up to par. It ain’t. Four coats minimum, five for perfectionists.
This is one of the most awful polishes I’ve used recently. It’s way too sheer and embarrassingly patchy. Even three coats are streaky, so no ‘jelly’ excuses. the flat brush is lovely, but can’t make this usable.
Not recommended at all, find a different yellow.

This is Electric Yellow in two coats without top coat:

And this is Electric Yellow in four coats with Seche Vite:

Then I used acrylic paint to paint on a blue version of a yellow tang on my accent nail and added lots of bubbles. I sealed the mani with a coat of gel-look top coat and Seche Vite.

So happy with how that turned out. Tomorrow: green. I guess I’ll find another unswatched polish. :-D

2 comments:

Cin said...

I love this!

cucumpear said...

Thank you so much, Cin!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...