Tuesday, September 4, 2012

31 Days: Day 4 - Chalky

Today's prompt was ‘green,’ I happened to pick up essie stylenomics last week and since this is a blackboard-y green…

Here’s what I used today:

  • essie rock solid
  • Douglas nylon base coat
  • essie stylenomics
  • Seche Vite
  • essie blanc
  • essie good to go

First I applied one coat of each base product, two of stylenomics and sealed the polish with Seche VIte.

stylenomics is a deep, muted, faintly blue-toned green, similar to a blackboard/chalkboard. Sometimes it’s obviously green, sometimes it’s pretty much black. It’s an amazing colour. It’s very dense and two coats provide full coverage easily.
The formula is great, stylenomics applies smoothly and without streaking. I had a tiny bit of dragging, but I knew I hadn’t let the base coat dry properly, so that’s my bad. The brush is fairly wide and flat with a round-cut tip and works great with the formula, so I had very little clean-up to do.

This is stylenomics in two coats with Seche Vite:

I waited until the polish was fully dry, taped off stripes and hearts I’d cut out of a chunk of masking/painters’ tape and sponged on some blanc to make a chalk-like pattern. Then I sealed it with good to go. I’m not quite happy with the heart, it’s a bit wonky and a couple of sponge-fragments got stuck (someone needs to make cheap transparent sponges).

Other than my heart woes this looks exactly like I thought it would. And it’s super easy, so give it a try!

2 comments:

Cin said...

Up until now, I didn't like any of the new Essie fall Stylenomics collection. Now I want that green/black. Ummmm, I don't have ANY color like that in my stash.

cucumpear said...

I think it's totally worth owning, it's just really hard to photograph and changes depending on your lighting more than most colours. :-D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...