Friday, September 7, 2012

31 Days: Day 6 - Violets

Alright, I’m fully aware that it’s not the 6th any more, but I have an actual good reason for being late. I was hurrying like you wouldn’t believe to get finished before midnight and I was actually finished with my mani around 11:30. Enough time to upload photos, label and post …
And then my internet went away. Kind of. I still had a connection, but I seem to have had little bandwidth. Sites with hardly any non-text content loaded acceptably. Twitter? Nope. Google? Sometimes it almost made it.
So I’m just a tiny bit pissed off. I make my deadline and UPC dislocates my metaphorical kneecap and takes my money anyway. Same thing happened last night, btw, and my connection vanished completely the night before that. *grumbles*

OK, so violet! I went with the literal thing and did violets. I didn’t edit any photos (other than cropping), the base colour is accurate (as much as any colour can be on the web) on the swatch pic.

This is what I used today:

  • essie rock solid
  • essence btgn base sealer
  • Jordana 985 Lavender Fields
  • acrylic paint
  • essence gel-look top coat
  • Seche Vite

I did my usual base routine: one coat of each base, two coats of Lavender Fields and one of Seche Vite.

Lavender Fields is a soft pinky purple crème polish, I don’t think I’ve personally seen any lavender that’s this pale, but I’m sure it exists. *g* This polish is nicely pigmented, two coats are perfect, but one - carefully applied - will suffice in a pinch.
I was very impressed with Lavender Field’s formula. It’s easy to apply, not at all streaky and it doesn’t pool  or drag. The round brush works well, but is nothing special.

This is Lavender Fields in two coats with top coat:

When the base colour was dry to the touch I mixed up some acrylic paint and added a huge violet on my middle finger nail. All but the accent nail got a row of small violets near the tip, the accent nail got a row of heart-shaped leaves. ‘cause that’s what violet leaves look like. Top coat!

Come back tomorrow (well, today) for something black and white.

2 comments:

Cin said...

Ooooh, pretty.

cucumpear said...

I'm glad you liked it, Cin!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...